- Q: While playing a “Return to” scenario, what do I do if a campaign guide instruction or card ability refers to a card from an encounter set that has been replaced with a new encounter set? A: If it is a setup instruction or an instruction to search for that card and put it into play, the investigators should find the matching card from the new encounter set that replaced it and follow the instructions using that card, instead. (If it is unclear which is the matching card, use the encounter numbers to help guide you. For example, Wizard of the Order is card 4/6 of the Dark Cult set; if that set was replaced, the matching card would be card 4/6 of the new set.) If it is a gameplay effect other than the above, ignore it. - FAQ, v.2.0, August 2022
Perform the setup as indicated in The Forgotten Age Campaign Guide, with the following exceptions:
- When gathering encounter sets, also gather the new encounter sets for Return to The Doom of Eztli shown here.
- Gather the 3 Pit Viper cards from the Serpents encounter set and set them aside, out of play.
- Before setup, remove the original Burial Pit, Underground Ruins, and Secret Passage locations from the game.
(Continued on reverse side.)
Return to The Doom of Eztli - Back
- Before setup, replace the original Entryway, Ancient Hall, Grand Chamber, and Chamber of Time locations with the new versions from this encounter set.
- Before setup, replace the original Harbinger of Valusia enemy with the new Harbinger of Valusia (The Sleeper Returns)
- When building the exploration deck, use only Sealed Passage, Mosaic Chamber, Tomb of the Ancients, Throne Room, Snake Pit, Ancient Hall, and Grand Chamber. Do not include any of the other encounter cards listed in the original setup instructions.
For the duration of this scenario, the following additional rule apply: "Forced - After a successful exploration ends: Shuffle the top card of the encounter deck into the exploration deck."
Attach this card to the scenario reference card as a reminder.
No review yet for this card.