- Q: Some card abilities allow you to evade an enemy that is not at your location (eg. Decoy, Pendant of the Queen). How does Dirty Fighting interact with such card abilities? Because in RR: "An investigator may fight any enemy at his or her location". Does this mean I can't trigger Dirty Fighting's reaction triggered abilities? A: When you take a fight action, you must make an attack against an enemy at your location (unless you have a weapon or other card effect that explicitly states otherwise). Evading an enemy that is not at your location means it’s not a valid target for Dirty Fighting.
Talent. Trick. Illicit.
Limit 1 per investigator.
While attacking, parleying, or attempting to evade an exhausted enemy, you get +2 skill value.
After you evade an enemy, exhaust Dirty Fighting: Take a fight action against that enemy. Ignore the aloof keyword for this attack.
This card is imho the hidden COTE (Card Of The Expansion xD). There are some other REALLY great cards I love even more, but they are talked about consistently. Meanwhile, this one is extremely overlooked and people don't even try it before they say it sucks. Well, it doesn't. It's good, and I mean REALLY good. It flat out opens a new playstyle for a consistent fighter-evader and excluding some Customizable cards, it may be the most game-changing (or better; game-expanding) card in this expansion.
I've tried it a few times so I'm by no means a master of using this, but it's basically the only card you need for a completely new (viable) playstyle, while completing it with anything that does consistent damage like two handed rifles, knives, akimbo guns... You could've done that before Scarlet Keys with some cards like .25 Automatic, and while it's completely viable (especially the .25 Auto. (2) is incredible), it's still just a limited tactic you can use once, maybe a few times per game with recursion, but this is a talent that sticks and works every time all the time and it's basically just flat +2 AND 1 bonus action per turn. AND you can still use something like .25 Auto for better effect. And yes, the "fight action" keyword is NOT "basic fight action," but ANY "fight action," so you can use weapons and stuff to supplement it. And it's 2 xp, so investigators who dip into Rogue can also take it and use it effectively.
I think that this effect is not niche at all, but EXTREMELY adaptable, since you can use that +2 for ANY attribute; Fight, Brain, Foot - shooting, smacking, arrowing or spellcasting the enemy; as long as you're fighting in one way or another, you get better numbers. I might be overselling it a bit here, time will tell, but as said, I've tried it a few times and so far it's been incredible. If it's the evade & attack playstyle you want, it just became a legit and competitive fighter playstyle. And this card is the main component for mere 4 xp for two copies (Kymani gets 5 xp before the game even starts!).
This card single-handedly makes investigators like Rita, Skids or Wini into competent fighters (Yeeey Skids, it's finally your time to shine! And while not useless before, Rita's also a much better fighter now.), or basically any investigators that can evade and use a competent damage dealing card - like Kymani, Finn, Dexter, Sefina...
Another thing is that this card in the two latest expansions just became highly searchable and readily available with awesome cards like Black Market (it's Illicit), Friends In Low Places, Underworld Market, or even better - Finn’s Smuggled Goods (again, Illicit).
And that’s just the basic effect. There's also parleying, which is fantastic the few times you need it - it always gets on my nerves when I miss a necessary Parley. Also, it's completely stackable and basically anything that gives you more numbers combines with this like .25 Auto or Lonnie, and these two are also simple to use and play. There're also combos with Stealth (3) for a free fight action without the boost, Blur(s) are both great with their action extension, it also does well in an Ornate Bow fighter because of naturally high Foot and many more... And it's not even very expensive, takes one action to play that it even gives you back instantly, while as a Talent it doesn't take any slots and it's quite "resistant" to the Mythos deck. This +2 also combines well with "Succeed by number" playstyle, so you can go for "Succeed by number fighter" now, which was niche before. There're many more things it does and if nothing else, when playing it in Kymani, it's a flat +2 Foot and +1 action every turn.
I really like this card and while I wasn't a fan of a focused evade deck before, the fighter-evader is an interesting prospect to me and I love how this makes some subpar investigators much better, and also opens up some interesting new decks.
EDIT: Some corrections.
This is very nice for every 3 Roguish Investigators out there (Finn, Winifred, Skids, Rita and maybe Jenny) ! It could also be very good for Kymani to deal with Elite enemies...
- Now you fight with a pretty comfortable 5 (maybe 6 or more with Lonnie Ritter and any gun).
- It comboes very well with Stealth (3) and Kymani's ability to "kill by evading".
- It comboes very well with .25 Automatic (2) to deal 4 damages in 1 action (and 3 tests). Just Swift Reload afterward !
- This is a better Sharpshooter but hey, you could also run both so you Fight with super high numbers if you want to oversucceed ! ;)
- Finally, don't forget the Parley action, sometimes relevant if it's not a test and/or if you bought some Fine Clothes !
Decent card for Rogues or other Fighters with access to Green (2).
- Even low Fight, high Agility investigators can take advantage of it using the Ornate Bow (3).
- Ideally, you'll want to combine this card with a way to get a free evade action, like Stealth (3), Blur (1 or 4), or one of the Rogue events that Investigates or Fight, then auto-evades and returns to hand.
- Based on the wording, it might even be possible to use it to Fight something at a far away location, provided you can somehow evade the enemy there (ie using Decoy, Pendant of the Queen, etc). I'm not 100% sure if this really works
All those reviews are nice. But you cant use weapon for that fight action. You can just punch. Same as Ursula and her free investigate after move. You cant use it for fingerprint kit or glyphs for example. Shooting wit weapon is not fight action but activate asset and then it will be fight. Sorry guys :)