- Fast and cheap
- Will help you recover at least 1, often 2 Sanity
- Can heal other investigators at your location; so spread the love around. Remember, you can take your investigator turns in any order, so it's easy to set up
- Has both a Combat and a Willpower skill token, so it's never useless
- Gruesome artwork. What did you DO to that creature?
- You need to kill a monster, and preferably one with a medium to high horror value
This is a card clearly designed to help low sanity guardians (Zoey and Roland) survive their romp through the horrors of Arkham. The added bonus of healing your friends is just icing on an already delicious cake and fits with the guardian theme of leading from the front.
How is "If it's bleed..." compared to other sanity restoring cards? First Aid takes 4 actions to heal 3 Horror for 2 resources, but can also heal Stamina damage. Moment of Respite (sort of the opposite to this card) restores 3 sanity and a card, but costs both Xp, 3 resoruces and an action. Smoking Pipe restores up to 3 Sanity, but at the cost of stamina and one action.
This card is superior, I'd say, as long as you kill 2 horror value monsters. Which I bet you do twice, before breakfast. =)