- Q: I have a question about the card Foresight: how does it work with cards that say for example: "search the top 3 cards from your deck for a card and draw it" (like Eureka!)? When using Foresight, do I have to name a card before I start searching or can I start searching and say name of the card right before drawing ( so I would know for 100% what card I will draw). I don't know if effect "search and draw" can be interrupted by playing card like Foresight. A: Though you could play Foresight during “search and draw” abilities, we are ruling that you can only “name a card” before looking at the cards from the search. In a future FAQ (not 2.0, which was just released) we will expand on the different ways to resolve Foresight.
Fast. Play when an investigator at your location would draw a card from their deck or from the encounter deck.
Name a card. If the drawn card is the named card, that investigator may either (choose one):
- Cancel that card's effects and discard it.
- Immediately play that card at -2 cost.
The most powerful encounter-cancel card in AHLCG. If you know the encounter card, you can achieve Ward of Protection (5) with no resource and sanity cost. Moreover, you could play it for another investigator at your location. More important thing is that you can cancel weakness. Unlike other cards, there are NO weakness restriction. Additionally, it works for Peril encounter, I believe (since play timming is before you know the card is peril).
However, it's hard to use this by itself. You should know the encounter/player deck to play it. It means that you need to use Foresight with some supporting cards. However, it's not hard work when you firstly see this card.
- Scrying/Alyssa Graham: Scrying/Alyssa is the best way to look cards for mystics. If you're Gloria, I think you already use this. One problem is Arcane/Ally slot to handle it. If you have enough slot, this card will be good way.
First Watch: Here is the best solution, I think. Play First Watch. Look before dealing cards. Then, naming what you just looked.It seems that the investigator do not draw the encounter card from the deck when resolving the First Watch according to the FAQ 2.0, so that it does not work.
- Parallel Fates: 0-level is not robust, but 2-level is robust. I don't use those yet, but it will be helpful.
- Norman Withers: Norman Withers usually reveal the weakness before drawing it. It means he cancel his weakness by Foresight. However, it's not true for The Harbinger. The solution is simple. You may use replacement set :)
- Mysterious Chanting: Some encounter make you search encounter deck and draw what you want. If you're not first-run, you may know which is in encounter so that naming it.
- Search Cards: I'm not sure I can play Foresight AFTER search BEFORE draw a card. Currently, my party plays Foresight as a ruling that I should name a card before search deck. Even if this cases, searching can increase the probability. If you're Agnes, you may play Word of Command to search Dark Memory and discard by Foresight without effect.
I made some mistake with this card and wanted to remind others. I was playing it with Norman, as he could see a card on top of the deck, when 2-cost card came up I would play Foresight in an attempt to get the best deal of -2 cost and it is even Fast.
However, this Fast has "when". It could be used only when you are about to draw that card. You cannot just pop an Asset card on top of the deck to the field Fast like that! (Luckily Norman has a lot of Skill cards with drawing effect to synergize with, and this card itself has wonderful .)