|Card draw simulator|
Odds: 0% – 0% – 0% more
|Rita's RttDL Solo Run #5: Blood on the Altar||3||1||0||1.0|
|Rita's RttDL Solo Run #7: Where Doom Awaits||3||0||0||1.0|
Rita begins at Dunwich Village
We're nearing the end of the campaign and Rita still doesn't have all the high-pip cards I wanted to get her. Dunwich is as always stingy with XPs and so in this scenario we can expect no more than two XPs. Notice that with Waylay and Resourceful in hand we don't actually need to recover Armitage's magical formula. Of course the encounter deck might decide to throw some curveballs at Rita, such as Imperceptible Creatures, but I've got a good feeling about it.
- PLAY Track Shoes
- PLAY Flashlight
- INVESTIGATE with Flashlight (2 supplies left, +1, 1 clue)
- Upkeep: draw Newspaper, 1 resource.
- Mythos: 1/5 doom, Violent Commands
- Violent Commands (2 damage)
- INVESTIGATE with Flashlight (1 supply left, , 1 clue)
- PLAY Newspaper
- Upkeep: draw Peter Sylvestre, 1 resource.
- Mythos: 2/5 doom, Lupine Thrall (at Devil's Hop Yard)
- PLAY Peter Sylvestre
- Enemy: Lupine Thrall hunts to Blasted Heath
- Upkeep: draw Lantern, 1 resource.
- Mythos: 3/5 doom, Towering Beasts
- MOVE to Blasted Heath ( Track Shoes, , move to Devil's Hop Yard)
- MOVE to Whateley Ruins
- advance Saracenic Script to They Must Be Destroyed! (get Esoteric Formula, 1 doom)
- Enemy: Lupine Thrall hunts to Devil's Hop Yard
- Upkeep: draw Cornered, 3 resources.
- Mythos: 5/5 doom, Rampaging Creatures advances to Biding Its Time (spawn Charging Beast at Devil's Hop Yard), The Creatures' Tracks (spawn Swelling Devourver at Ten-Acre Meadow)
- MOVE to Ten-Acre Meadow
- EVADE (-3, exhaust Swelling Devourver)
- PLAY Waylay (-1, defeat Swelling Devourver)
- Enemy: Lupine Thrall hunts to Whateley Ruins, Charging Beast moves to Blasted Heath
- Upkeep: draw Madame Labranche, 1 resource.
Rita's Boardstate: 6 health, 5 sanity, 1 resource, 0 clues
Excellent! Rita rarely has so much wiggle room that she can spend action after action gathering resources. Normally I would hate to draw these animal thrall enemies, but here our investigator can run circles around them. The plan is simple, Rita will now recover Waylay and stand next to the Brood. Notice that the Charging Beast variant doesn't move further if it finds an investigator after its first move.
- Mythos: 1/6 doom, Altered Beast (on Charging Beast)
- INVESTIGATE with Flashlight (commit Lantern & Resourceful, -1, return Waylay, Newspaper. 2 clues from Ten-Acre Meadow)
- MOVE to Dunwich Village
- Enemy: Lupine Thrall hunts to Ten-Acre Meadow, Charging Beast moves to Whateley Ruins
- Upkeep: draw Lantern, 3 resources.
- Mythos: 2/6 doom, Whippoorwill
- MOVE to Blasted Heath
- MOVE to Devil's Hop Yard
- Enemy: Lupine Thrall hunts to Whateley Ruins, Whippoorwill hunts to Blasted Heath, Charging Beast moves to Devil's Hop Yard (1 horror to Peter Sylvestre)
- Upkeep: draw Haunted, 5 resources.
- Mythos: 3/6 doom, Violent Commands
- PLAY Cornered (Charging Beast attacks, 1 horror to Peter Sylvestre, 2 damage)
- EVADE ( Cornered, discard Lantern, -2, exhaust Charging Beast)
- Devil's Hop Yard (1 clue on Charging Beast)
- PLAY Waylay ( Cornered, discard Madame Labranche, -3, defeat Charging Beast)
Cornered clinched Rita's victory in this scenario. She had almost no damage on her so it could be played safely and it was just the card needed to offset Haunted penalties. Rita has been relatively lucky about not drawing weaknesses so far, but we need to remember that she has four them in a non-padded deck. This is the reason I tend to use Rita's free time to get resources rather than draw cards.
The Essex County Express: Dr. Henry Armitage was kidnapped. Rita was delayed on her way to Dunwich. 1 XP (1 bonus XP).
Blood on the Altar: The ritual was completed. Dr. Henry Armitage, Zebulon Whateley, Professor Warren Rice, Dr. Francis Morgan & Earl Sawyer were sacrificed to Yog-Sothoth. 4 XP (The Hidden Chamber, 2 bonus XP).