Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
ramensgood · 116
At the start use Fire Axe with Madame Labranche as cash grab together with Dark Horse. Also use and other pips on skill cards to pass a skill check and get the card back with Silas ability (once per round).
The deck is mainly in support of a dedicated clue gatherer. But Silas can also get some clues himself using skill cards to trigger the ability.
Here's a brief explanation regarding the cards and possible plays.
- True Survivor - You get 3 Innate skill cards from the discard back to your hand. All skills are Innate in this deck.
- Lucky! - Self-explanatory.
- Scrounge for Supplies - Lets you pick up the majority of skill cards including Resourceful or Take Heart if needed.
- Eucatastrophe - Transforms your failure into which lets Silas commit a skill card from the discard pile to the result and get that card back in hand.
Silas ability lets you return any skill card committed to a test. For example, if you would still fail the test after revealing a chaos token you can choose to return the card to your hand. And of course, if you would succeed at the test, without the card’s modifier/effect, you can also choose to return the card and use it later instead.
- "Not without a fight!" - Usually gets you at minimum.
- Daring - Gives you and card draw during an attack or evade.
- Eureka! - Use to find e.g. your Timeworn Brand.
- Quick Thinking - How about another turn if you succeed by 2 or more?
- Resourceful - Priority to get True Survivor back from the discard pile.
- Rise to the Occasion - Gives Silas a better chance against high or tests.
- Steadfast - Good encounter deck protection which gives you while above 10 combined health and sanity.
- Take Heart - Card draw and some economy when you know you will definitely fail the test.
- Unexpected Courage - to use as your situation requires.
- Brute Force - Gives you , and +2 damage if you succeed by 2 or more.
1x Charisma - 3xp
1x Fire Axe -> 1x Timeworn Brand - 5xp
1x Fire Axe, 1x Lucky! -> 2x Brute Force - 2xp
1x Lucky! -> 1x True Survivor - 3xp
2x Peter Sylvestre -> 2x Peter Sylvestre - 4xp
2x Madame Labranche -> 2x Jessica Hyde - 2xp
2x Unexpected Courage -> 2x Grisly Totem - 6xp
1x Track Shoes -> 1x Timeworn Brand - 5xp
1x Key of Ys - 5xp
1x Scrapper - 3xp
2x Rise to the Occasion -> 2x Eucatastrophe - 6xp
1x Versatile - 2xp - adding St. Hubert's Key (getting your sanity set to 3) and 2x Desperate Search, 2x Say Your Prayers for a little more encounter protection and investigation, or whatever Desperate cards you prefer.
1x Relic Hunter - 3xp - to be able to use both St. Hubert's Key and Grisly Totem at the same time.
This is my first own deck and I'd love to get some feedback if someone uses it and how it went :)
I don't know how the book version of Silas with Nautical Prowess playes but there could be a potential Weapon issue since Timeworn Brand then would be the only weapon. The Nautical Prowess skill card looks cool with getting it back to hand using Silas ability plus card draw.