Disclaimer: Pre-Scarlet Keys release review.
Hit and Run is the Ally version of Sleight of Hand, a card so good that it was in the first batch of tabooed cards and had a second taboo later on. The latest version is a 0-3 Item. Interestingly enough, Hit and Run does not come with a limit. Did not learn the lesson or that the jank is more contained?
Interesting Allies to play with Hit and Run:
- Gregory Gry comes to mind immediately, play him, bet the 3 resources to each test you're about to perform and get him back in your hands for another round! $$$
- Leo De Luca is the other obvious choice, H&R Leo, play Calling in Favors and dig any other Ally from your Deck for 2 resources since you are replacing a 6-cost Ally.
- The Red-Gloved Man seems quite sick here too! You do not have him for the Mythos Phase when doing it this way, but you still have an extra round with a 6 base stat.
- Priest of Two Faiths why not, to add a few to the Chaos Bag.
- Anna Kaslow to find your Tarot Cards.
- Beat Cop (2)/Field Agent/Agency Backup/Aquinnah (3) to get a single use and get it back in your hand. A 1-cost fast damage/clue is really good. See Working a Hunch for a comparison.
- Special mention to Guard Dog that doesn't exhaust and so if you give it 2 damages (3 with The Star • XVII or if you heal it), you can deal more damage than with Beat Cop (2).
- Alyssa Graham to Doom her and then call her back immediately.
- Elle Rubash to easily discard an over-Doomed Asset.
- Dr. Elli Horowitz if you would ever want to find a Relic in your Deck and place it in your Discard Pile, let's say for Scavenging purposes. That could be interesting for the Dunwich Gators.
- Jeremiah Kirby of course, get the big bonus another time! Works also with Art Student Medical Student and Laboratory Assistant to a lesser benefit.
- Research Librarian to find more than 1 book in your Deck, triggering that many Astounding Revelations.
- Library Docent to cycle those Old Book of Lore or any tome that has uses, .
Who would be interested in using it?
- Big money Decks that would like to abuse Gregory Gry, with a + for being able to oversucceed.
- Gators that would be interested in using the The Red-Gloved Man more often.
- Gators with or access.
Besides our Ally monster, Charlie Kane, who is for the moment not necessarily tending towards , all this tends towards Preston Fairmont benefitting the most from Hit and Run for both the The Red-Gloved Man cycling and generating more resources with Gregory Gry.
Conclusion: Not nearly as busted as untabooed Sleight of Hand, Hit and Run is nice, especially in combination with Calling in Favors to turn the Ally into research and a discount. Outside of this, there are not so many outstanding targets, but I'm sure that for every new Ally there is, we'll be thinking about this card again.