Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Mortishade · 70
Pockets full of Diamonds
After looking for a good deck guide for Joe Diamond I found out that he didn’t have any updated deck guides this side of the 2020’s, so I thought I’d give it a try. Since I first laid eyes on Geared Up I knew I had to try to fit it into a Joe Diamonds deck. His extra deck size and hunch deck gives room to play some great events in your deck and still let you stock up a deck full of items for Geared Up.
This is my first deck guide, please give me some feedback in the comments and I'll try to respond when I have time.
Table of Contents:
• Main Strategy
• Gearing Up
• I’ve got a hunch…
• Other Cards
• Upgrade Path
• Make Your Own Deck!
• Play out most of your deck turn 1 and start moving around the board to pick up clues and kill enemies.
• Get free clues from your hunch deck and Pendant of the Queen
• Hard mulligan for Backpack
During turn 1 you lose 3 actions but in return you get to play as many items as you want at a reduced cost of 1. As most of this decks items cost between 0-2 resources you should still have resources leftover for later turns.
• You want to hard mulligan for Backpack. This let you see 6 extra cards and usually gives you 3 extra items to play during turn 1.
• Hawk-Eye Folding Camera will boost your worst stat first, then help you get more clues after getting its second evidence. boosting your sanity is just a great extra aswell.
PS: You should try to avoid playing hand slot items before you're done using Backpack
• Backpack is the main piece you want in your opening hand for this deck. Hard Mulligan for 1 or 2 copies. It searches top 12 of your deck for 3 items and should also hit an Astounding Revelation to fuel your resources and/or Eon Chart If you find your second backpack you stock it up in the first backpack and play it out as the last item to get a new search for more goodies.
• Bandolier should be played after playing with backpack
I've got a hunch...:
The hunch is what makes Joe a perfect Geared Up investigator. You get to stock up your deck with item assets and still get to play some great events without watering out your main deck with cards you don't get to play turn 1.
• You get to pick up some free clues with Working a Hunch and Scene of the Crime. You can use Eon Chart to move to a location with clues before your first action, so Scene of the Crime should never be a bad hunch.
• Logical Reasoning is usually the worst hunch you can flip, but as your is so low you can get some problems with horror, so this will help you survive the encounter deck.
Relic Hunter x1 - 3xp - Total 7xp
Studious x2 - 6xp - Total 13xp
Make Your Own Deck!
Empty for now, but I may add other options based on the feedback!