Erratum: This card’s symbol should be "Forced -" instead. - FAQ, v.1.8, October 2020
Q: What happens if the card beneath Amanda Sharpe would enter a different play area while it is committed to a skill test? A: It still enters that play area – it only remains beneath Amanda if it would otherwise be discarded (such as at the end of the skill test). - FAQ, v.1.8, October 2020
Q: If I use Grisly Totem after committing the card beneath Amanda Sharpe, how long does its bonus icon stay for? A: The bonus icon granted by Grisly Totem does not specify a duration, so this effect should remain until the committed card leaves play. The real question is: when does the committed card enter or leave play? Generally speaking, cards placed beneath other cards (such as the card beneath Amanda Sharpe) are out of play. Cards committed to tests never really "enter play," but while they are committed to a test, their icons are added to the investigator’s relevant skill and their text is active. So, while the card beneath Amanda is committed to a test, its icons and text should be alterable by game effects (as if you had committed it from your hand), just like any other in-play card. But as soon as that test ends, it returns to its out-of-play state, and any lasting effects would drop. TL;DR: The bonus icon granted by Grisly Totem would only apply for the test during which Grisly Totem is used, after which the card returns to its out-of-play state, and the bonus icon would drop. - FAQ, v.1.8, October 2020
Forced - At the start of the investigation phase: Draw 1 card. Discard the card beneath Amanda Sharpe. Choose a card from your hand and place it beneath her.
At the start of a skill test you are performing: Commit the card beneath Amanda Sharpe, if able. Do not discard it when the test ends.
effect: +0. For this test, you may double the number of skill icons on the card beneath Amanda Sharpe.
Amanda Sharpe - Back
Deck Size: 30.
Deckbuilding Options: Seeker cards () level 0-5, Neutral cards level 0-5, Practiced skills level 0-3.
Deckbuilding Requirements (do not count toward deck size): Obscure Studies, Whispers from the Deep, 1 random basic weakness.
This character has a very strong ability and combo potential, though her low stats seem to be the balancing factor. Cards with constant bonuses will work well on her, like Milan, Magnifying glass and Death. Or temporary replacement, like the Red gloved man or Strange Solutions (Acidic).
I think the most powerful combo on her will be Quick thinking (gained through Versatile) + Red gloved man, potentially gaining close to infinite actions. Both stay during next mythos phase, so the combo may go off again if you succeed on an encounter card.
- Grisly Totem 3 (seeker): +1 first skill test and draw another card each turn
- Neutral skill cards like perception: draw lots of cards
- Vicious Blow and Upgrade + Acidic Strange Solution: Deal 12 or 15 damage in 1 turn
- Daredevil 2: I don't think this is worth to put below her. If you have 2 of 3 aces in your hand, this potentially guarantees the third if you have no other rogue skill cards in the deck.
- Enraptured: Add 3 charges/ secrets to other cards, see below.
- Eureka: Only +1 to tests, but better than draw 3 cards
- Essence of the dream (dream diary): Skill card with 2/ 4 symbols that you can put below her. The timing is a bit off, so you can only use it every other turn.
- Leadership 2: Only +1 to tests but gain up to 6 ressources
- Stunning blow: Auto evade 3 times, if your attack succeeds (not very likely without fight boosts)
- Three Aces: Put one below Amanda and try to find 2 with Practiced makes perfect to get 2 auto successes (also gain6 cards and 6 ressources)
- Quick Thinking + Red gloved man: Gain close to infinite actions
- Take heart: draw 6 cards and 6 ressources if you fail 3 tests
- Arcane Insight + Archaic Glyphs (Markings of Isis) + Double or Nothing: Investigate shroud 0 and put 2 assets into play each time, ignoring their ressource costs
- Fearless: Heal 3 sanity
- Inspiring Presence: Use exhausting allies more often, see below
- Nimble: Reveal all locations
Enraptured targets for secrets and charges
- Pendant of the queen: Auto evade, clue, teleport. Easy to assemble with all your card draw
- Mr. Rook: Search for more important combo pieces
- Arcane Insight: Reduce shroud to 0
- Archaic Glyphs (Markings of Isis): Put assets into play without spending actions and ignore their ressource cost
- Feed the mind: Draw more cards, but potential horror
- Ancient Stone: Deal more damage/ heal horror
- In the Know: Barricade yourself and takes clues from afar
- Old Book of Lore 3: Play assets cheaper
- Pnakotic Manuscript: Avoid chaos tokens (auto success)
- Scroll of Prophecies: Draw more cards; Add Abigail for double the fun and Ancient stone
- Scroll of Secrets 3: Not very good but may have some combos in the future
- More with Versatile but I dont think they're worth it, like Shriveling or Rite of Seeking
Inspiring Presence Targets
- Charles Ross: Make the next item cheaper by additional 3, i don't think this is worth it
- Mr. Rook: Use his secrets more quickly, but i don't think this is worth it
- Alice Luxley (Versatile): Deal 3 damage when investigating
- David Renfield (Versatile): Get lots of ressources, best used when you're about to remove him with a free action (Smoking pipe)
- Olive McBride (Versatile): Draw more tokens, avoid Autofail. I don't think this is worth it due to Amanda's low stats.
- Venturer (Versatile): Reload guns, Ornate bow and strange solution more quickly. I don't think this is worth it, moving 1 supply each turn suffices in most cases (E.cache 3 adds more supplies to venturer)