Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
ArkhamGaymer · 203
I recently joined the League of Extraordinary Investigators. The league carefully chooses scenarios from each of the campaigns, members play as either solo or duo, and record their games for judging. Each scenario has unique goals called league points which are used to score the success of each member during the season. Sister Mary was newly available during our current TCU season that is ending this week. This write up is an assessment of both play and deck design for my 'face check' run of Mary.
For this run, I teamed up with my friend Numeroaro who played Jacqueline Fine and so any play thoughts should be tempered by the knowledge that we played toward each other's strengths. His deck is linked here. The original Mary deck can be found here.
Objective: Spiritual Warrior
When I built this deck at level zero, I focused on her core capability (adding tokens) and using it to proc the newly tabooed .35 Winchester. It offers Mary a consistent boost of +2 that makes her a very reasonable monster killer. As with all builds, one must also add in extra options. I chose in this case to go with the Enchanted Blade which similarly offers Mary the +2 . This costs Mary dearly because it chews into her arcane slots and also has only three charges. However, it's really worth it because Mary needs all the help she can get to hit.
This brings us to the final choices, firstly, Prepared for the Worst for quick access to the all important .35 Winchester and secondly Spectral Razor which is just fantastic. The latter ultimately being upgraded into our blessing tech via Radiant Smite.
I want to finish this section of the write up with a quick nod to the MVP of the deck, Olive McBride. When separated from Jacqueline Fine, Olive McBride was my only way to "guarantee" seeing those all important . Olive paid out in dividends throughout the campaign with maybe only one or two missed extra damage shots from the .35 Winchester.
Objective: Help Find Clues
I don't know why, but I adore using Sixth Sense with Mary. It feels thematic and lets her grab clues with such great capability. This will stick with her throughout the whole of the campaign.
In addition to that, I of course included Scene of the Crime, a card that consistently pulled its weight in so many situations.
Objective: Stay Alive
Maybe this should be the first objective? :-) I knew that Mary would have trouble, going in with two squishy investigators. I added one copy of True Grit to compliment her Guardian Angel, the Hallowed Mirror, one copy of Second Wind, two of Hand of Fate, and two of Deny Existence (do I need to justify this one?).
It's important to note that:
- I don't own all the cards available
- I don't care to proxy cards that I'm missing
- this was played while the first five scenarios of Innsmouth Conspiracy were being released.
I chose to push hard into Mary's tech and keep my primary weapon as the .35 Winchester. This resulted in the following upgrades:
- Sacred Covenant to keep the blessing from being dumped without use
- Stick to the Plan because, it's good... and gives her quick access to Righteous Hunt
- Righteous Hunt is fantastic for pulling enemies off my partner and it was added in lieu of Second Wind
- Ever Vigilant to reduce required actions to get her rig setup in lieu of Emergency Cache
- Recall the Future (times 2) to play into her synergies with Jacqueline Fine and Olive McBride in lieu of True Grit and Overpower
- Radiant Smite (times 2) to use her best skill () and her tech in lieu of Spectral Razor and Hand of Fate
- Overpower to help with the final scenario (a pretty nasty The Spectral Watcher and circle tests
- Blessing of Isis to continue the synergies with Olive McBride and Jacqueline Fine
the last two on the list replaced Premonition, which is great early on, but is outweighed by these wonderful techs.
This deck was performant at standard difficulty. The only issues that came up were when we would separate from each other. That lesson was learned and is why I would probably consider including Safeguard or Safeguard in lieu of maybe Premonition.
Our games were recorded on youtube and will persist there if you'd like to observe or even offer a comment!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you find this useful.