Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Treskow · 164
The Blood Sorceress
One might think that the new star of The Clover Club is just a talented singer and a great performer. Truth be told, the success of Marie Lambeau is based on her skills as a witch. Using magical, Soothing Melodies and Mystifying Songs to charm the crowd are simple tasks, if one gained Deep Knowledge from studying Occult Lexicons and the De Vermis Mysteriis.
Gaining Power comes with a cost though, and without knowing Marie has attracted Unwanted attention from the other Side. With the support of her Circle she can perform Rituals to keep the threat at bay, but for how long?
On the other hand, she was forced to seek wisdom about Occult Invocations, that let one summon Spectral Razors and cause Blood Eclipses, in order to be prepared for the nameless horrors she has Seen in her Hallowed Mirror. Ever since her first encounter, Marie seeks the strength to Protect herself and her dears, even if it means to perform the forbidden art of Blood Magic and to weave deadly Curses.
Whatever the future holds, Marie has Read the Signs and will be ready to do what has to be done, no matter the cost.
Welcome to my Marie Lambeau Deck!
With the new cards from "The Scarlett Keys" i wanted to create a thematically fitting deck, that is still efficient and effective at the same time.
The general idea of this deck is quite simple. We want to use mostly events instead of assets to reduce the set-up time and to be as flexible as possbie. This deck offers a good combination of everything you might need. It has card draw, resource generation, clue gathering and enemy managment capabilities.
The focus on events has two main issues. We need to have enough events to stay relevant and we need to be able to pay for our events. To solve these issues, we only need two cards as our main engine
and the resource generation is supported by
This book alone provides
- 1 additional spell each turn
- 1 additional resource each turn
- a reliable source of doom
When we have our core set-up in play, our turns are quite powerfull:
- Draw 1 Spell with Arcane Initiate
- Play the Spell with Marie's bonus
- Pay for the played Spell with Prophetic (3)
- De Vermis Mysteriis (2) to play the Spell again
After all that, we still have 2 left to do whatever needs to be done.
To manage the doom, we want to use Sin-Eater as much as possible. If we have all the doom on this card we just use one on Sin-Eater to get rid of it. The cost of this is compensated by Marie's Ability, making it practically free.
Deep Knowledge provides very good card draw and can be reused from our discard pile with De Vermis Mysteriis (2). This is not a Spell, therefore it can not be found by Arcane Initiate or played by our Ability. It still offers great card draw and improves the consistency of this deck even further.
String of Curses provides a testless evade and a testless clue. It can be replayed by De Vermis Mysteriis (2) to defeat the evaded enemy while gaining 1 resource in the process. It can also be used to kill Some Enemeis with ease.
Promise of Power is our safety net for random tests the game may throw at us.
- Always hard mulligan for Arcane Initiate and Prophetic (3)
- Do not forget that Marie has 4 and can get clues without additional support
- Blood-Rite can deal damage, but it can also be used to just draw cards or turn cards into resources if required
- The damage from Blood Eclipse is scary. Try to counter balance this effect with Soothing Melody
- Baron Samedi needs 3 turns and 3 doom to be discarded. Try to plan ahead before placing doom on him. You should always consider any Ancient Evils (or similar effects) in the Mythos Deck
- Baron Samedi can be a welcome source of doom
- You do not need to have doom in play all the time to be efficient. If it is not safe, don't use your ability
- Sin-Eater (3)
- Scroll of Secrets into De Vermis Mysteriis (2)
- Robes of Endless Night into Prophetic (3)
- Charisma (3)
- Delve Too Deep into Blood Eclipse (1)
Level 0 Deck
This deck is fully functional at Level 0. Just remove