Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Holy Outlaw · 126
Concept: Operating on the theory that Patrice’s five cards in hand are “her rig” (or at least part of it) and you don't need too much more; the important thing is that you use all five cards each turn. Intended for multiplayer (especially two player with a similarly well-rounded deck, or four player as a “flex”). Balanced cluer/ killer, very resilient against Mythos. Can usually use the whole hand, especially once Cornered. Can always pass test, get clues (two at a time), and handle enemies.
Strengths: defensively tough, fast out of gate, can help others’ skill tests.
Weaknesses: fidgety resource juggling, loss of cards each round, needs the assets early.
Mulligan: for assets. Prioritize Patrice's Violin and Madame Labranche. In middle rounds, Scrounge for Supplies to link Uncage the Soul with spells if they come in a weird order. In clutch moment, Scrounge for Lotto tickets.
Notes: Might struggle with the Watcher from Another Dimension and lose valuable time if he’s drawn too early. The deck only makes tests and the kind of tests where you don’t care the result. No great shakes to give the Last Chance to a buddy if the turn went well.
- Fire Axe instead of Shrivelling, which might mean Drawn to the Flame instead of Flashlight. This would lead to more consistent enemy management but probably a greater likelihood of “dead” actions now and then.
- Granny Orne, David Renfield or Peter Sylvestre instead of Madame Labranche. David Renfield is probably the best out of them, and allows Prophesy in place of maybe Deny Existence, but then you need to kill him either by also taking another ally to knock him out of the slot (, for maximal timely recursion from discard) or something like Smoking Pipe.
- Holy Rosary for Moonstone. No big deal, but I like the Moonstone.
- Drawn to the Flame for maybe Storm of Spirits if you’re needing more clue focus. (And maybe switch Fearless to something like A Test of Will in that case. Note that you can Scrounge for one half of the Drawn/Ward combo and it’s usually worth the two actions to get the guaranteed clues.)
- Rite of Seeking needs to be Sixth Sense.
- Shrivelling could be Mists of R'lyeh.
- Alternatively, Winging It could be Ethereal Form.
- Storm of Spirits should be Spectral Razor.
- Cornered x2 (4XP)
- Ward of Protection x2 (4XP--reduced by Arcane Studies)
- Maybe The Cat and a Charisma (4XP)
- Eventually the Rite of Seekings x2 (4XP--reduced by Arcane Studies)
- Upgrade the Lucky! and "Look what I found!" (10XP)
- Relic Hunter because two Moonstones is fun. (3XP)
Note that at some point you'll have reduced utility from Scrounge for Supplies once your cards are leveled, but with Resourceful, you can still scrounge your way to recur your best cards through a two-step process.
Okay, I think that does it.