Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Zoey Machinations 19xp Arkham Nights Ludusbelli v2||0||0||0||1.0|
|Zoey Monster Copy||0||0||0||1.0|
|arkham ape group - Joey test 1||0||0||0||1.0|
Valentin1331 · 47877
The Chef cooks you a delicious stew made of your enemies and Police officers.
EDIT: If you liked these Decks, please try the Carcosa Beginner Deck Series:
Please press the ♥ even if you don't plan on playing the Deck just to give it some visibility for new players.
Credit: Heening Ludwigsen
This Deck is part of a series of Decks created for the release of the Revised The Dunwich Legacy Campaign. Find the other Beginner Deck Guides for the other investigators here:
If you do not own The Edge of the Earth, an alternative only using the Revised Core and The Dunwich Legacy is available at the bottom in "Make your own Deck!"
Drawing an enemy during the Mythos Phase can debilitate your party, costing many actions. With Zoey, deal with them quickly and prevent your team from being swarmed and eventually defeated!
Limiting ourselves to the newly released campaigns, Revised, The Edge of the Earth and The Dunwich Legacy, we will try to show how to make Zoey deal with enemies like nobody's business.
Table of Content:
• Main Strategy
• Killing enemies efficiently
• Succeeding at your tests
• Other Cards
• Upgrade Path
• Make your own Deck!
Enemy Management: ★★★★★
Encounter protection: ★★★☆☆
Card Drawing: ★☆☆☆☆
• Boost your tests never to waste an Action, Ammo, Charge or precious Skill Card.
Killing enemies efficiently:
• Zoey's Cross allow you to deal an extra damage to an enemy, making it possible to get rid off , Rats and 3 hp enemies with one Machete Hit.
• Early game, 10 damage in one turn is usually the most that you should be dealing to an enemy. With Zoey's Cross, Machete/.45 Automatic/Brand of Cthugha *3, 2 Vicious Blow and using your Guard Dog or sacrificing your Beat Cop, you could potentially deal them in 1 turn!
• To deal more damage later in the campaign, you have:
•• Brand of Cthugha (4) that allows you to deal damages 3 by 3.
•• Vicious Blow (2) that is a luxury update if you need extra damage in the late campaign.
Succeeding at your tests:
Zoey Samaras has amazing fighter abilities, but only has 4 base . We therefore need to boost her stat to improve her chances to succeed tests and gain tempo. Ideally we would reach 7 at each tests to make it roughly +3 at any fight action.
• Bruiser is also a way to boost your tests once all your weapons are on the table.
With all of this, except during the setup, you should always be fighting around 7,8 or even 9 . This will prevent you from ever missing an attack.
• Prepared for the Worst is a stapler; brings your Machete if you don't find it in your opening hand and after Mulligan. It is an overall better target than the .45 Automatic as it is cheaper and does not use Ammo. The .45 Automatic is still valid when dealing with multiple enemies.
• Dodge is here, especially at the beginning in case you cannot kill every enemy and in case one has 2 or 3 Horror.
• Evidence! is a bit of a "fill up card" that can always speed up the game and is quickly replaced.
• Charisma x1 - 3xp - Total 6xp
•• With Bruiser and Brand of Cthugha down, you deal 5 damages in one action, so much more efficient than the .45 Automatic. I would keep this card in my hand if I had to deal with multiple enemies, making my Machete ineffective.
•• By this time, your Clue Getter should be good enough to get clues reliably. This also increases your card draw and helps you and your teammate set up.
•• The same economy, but and brings you more of what you love: enemies.
•• Fang is amazing to fight your Weakness and save any lost partner that pulled the wrong enemy during the Mythos Phase.
•• More charges and more damage by potentially successful attacks. If you have extra experience in the end, you can also consider buying a second one.
•• Luxury upgrade, in case you have a LOT of trauma. Bruiser pays for it, preventing you from some nasty Encounter Cards.
Make your own Deck!:
• I considered the latest taboo list for this Deck, but if you are new to the game or choose not to, you can always decide not to use the taboo. Get 2 Machete, Unexpected Courage or something and not takes 2 Physical Traumas from In the Thick of It :)
• This Deck is made using the EotE Investigator cards. If you only have the Revised Core and Dunwich, you can use This Link and check the Side Deck for Upgrade suggestions! Let me know if you have any questions ;)
• The Cyclopean Hammer is, of course, a weapon of choice for Zoey Samaras. I didn't add it because I felt like this weapon was a bit too good and made the game a bit less enjoyable after one campaign with it. Now, if you want it, then forget about Brand of Cthugha, Machete and get it!
•• You could imagine also adding On the Trail to bump an enemy, get to its location again, grab clues on the way and finish it.
• Prophetic is a good alternative to Bruiser as it pays for Fang of Tyr'thrha, Gang Up and Brand of Cthugha, but it's a bit less intuitive and gives 1 less damage on your Gang Up. You could also take 1 copy of each.