Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Valentin1331 · 10370
Minh juggles with items, walking behind the raid to grab all the loot.
Please press the ♥ if you like the Deck, even if you don't plan on playing it just to give it some visibility for new players :)
Credit: Fantasy Flight Games
Minh is one of my personal favourite investigators, with one of the best card pools and also the first one that was clearly made to use a lot of Skills. Often disregarded, the Skill cards offer here a lot of Draw as well as oversuccess that help you with your weakness and let you scavenge a lot of nice stuff.
Find the other Carcosa Beginner Decks:
• Mythos Busting Mark
• Sefine-Art Black Magic Painter
• Akachi Ony-Elemental Mage
• Yorick Gold Digger
• I decided not to propose a Deck for Lola Hayes on purpose as even with the help of the community, we couldn't find any Deck that made us feel like you wouldn't regret playing any other investigator instead. If she piqued your curiosity, keep her in a corner of your mind until you have a bit more cards.
Table of Contents:
• Main Strategy
• Find Clues
• Other Cards
• Upgrade Path
• Make your own Deck!
• Use Skills to trigger your and succeed any test. Get Cards back after committing thanks to Analytical Mind.
• Use Scavenging to recur items committed to tests or empty.
With only 4 , Minh Thi Phan needs a little boost to be the main Cluever of your group:
Boosting your :
• Magnifying Glass also always nice, cheap static boost.
• Flashlight gives you a theoretical +2 , the only difference is that if the location has a Shroud of 2 or less, it then becomes 0 and you cannot fail unless you pull the .
• Finally you are tremendously helped by the big number of Skill Cards or items that you can commit for +1 or 2 and Scavenge.
Increase your Tempo by getting multiple Clues at once:
• "Look what I found!" turns a failure into 2 clues, always good. The pinacle of cluever mechanic.
• Ice Pick (3) is a centrepiece of this Deck, giving you +1 clue as often as you can pay for them.
• Newspaper (2) gives you an extra clue every time you emptied your pool, which is actually quite often, especially in smaller player counts.
• Eon Chart (4) theoretically gives you 1 more Investigate Action that can be considered as an extra clue, though it involves another test. The Move action allows you to dedicate more other actions to investigate.
•• With Scavenging, you can recycle your Eon Charts which is already insane, but even better: exhaust and use the last charge on Eon Chart to get + 1 Move and +1 Investgation. Use the free Investigate action to play Unearth the Ancients (2) and play your other Eon Chart to replace the empty one. As it comes into play un-exhausted, you can use it immediately for even more actions and you even draw a card since it is a Relic.
There are 3 main uses for Scavenging here:
• Play Ice Pick (3) A
• 1st Investigate: commit Play Ice Pick (3)
• Only if you succeed, discard Ice Pick (3) A to get 2 clues
• Get a resource from Dr. Milan Christopher
• 2nd Investigate: commit Play Ice Pick (3) B.
• Only if you succeed, discard Ice Pick (3) B to get 2 clues
Items to commit to tests:
Schoffner's Catalogue is of course an amazing target for Scavenging, it pays for its second copy, doesn't use a Slot, isn't unique and pays for Flashlight, Magnifying Glass, Ice Pick (3), Eon Chart (4) and can even be committed for a and Scavenged if need be.
• Lucky! is a 's staple, because it is reactive, you can only use it when really needed.
• No Stone Unturned is a great tutoring card, especially useful in this Deck since its Draw power relies heavily on Analytical Mind and not finding it early enough can be extremely damaging for the consistency fo the Deck.
• Cryptic Research is terrific, it really helps to find your good cards faster.
•• This is really the key upgrade of this Deck, from here it's already achieving terrific results.
•• You are rarely failing and you get many more actions out of the 2 resources.
•• Instead of revealing cards, why not draw them immediately, free and .
•• Brings you an extra clue every once in a while as well as a second to commit and bring back with Scavenging.
•• Play the Eon Charts that you scavenged fast for a better tempo.
•• More chances to succeed and more clues for doing so.
Make your own Deck!:
• This Deck is really easily adaptable for True Solo! Bring Strange Solutions and 2 Emergency Cache (3) to refill them with Supplies or bring resources based on what you need the most. Ice Pick (3) also boosts combat. Finally, Michael Leigh is amazing for this Deck.
• There was a possibility to choose Jeremiah Kirby paired with A Chance Encounter instead of Dr. Milan Christopher, but the Deck didn't really match "Even" or "Odd" especially as Minh Thi Phan is encouraged to use a lot of Skill Cards.
• If you don't mind proxying cards, Scavenging (2) increases tremendously the power of this Deck:
•• Replacing Eon Charts fast the same turn as you empty them
•• Cycle Schoffner's Catalogue for infinite money
•• Scavenge-play Newspaper while you collect the last clue before spending them so you have it on the table when you go back to 0 clues.
• Other nice cards with a broader collection are Grisly Totem for great card draw and the Dream Diary instead of Ice Pick (3) for a bit more diversity in gameplay, maybe Mariner's Compass before Newspaper.
• By now it's the 4th Ice Pick (3) Deck that I've released, with Rex Murphy, "Ashcan" Pete and Minh Thi Phan. The reason for this is that this card is simply too good to not take with anyone that can grab them from their discard pile or cycle their Deck fast enough to see them regularly, especially with such a small collection. If you are tired of them or play with William Yorick, just keep your Magnifying Glass and you'll do just fine.
If you are playing this Deck with the others of the series and only 1 collection, here is a proposed way to distribute the overlapping cards for each investigator: