Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
|Akachi enters the edge of the world||0||0||0||1.0|
|Akachi llega a los confines de la tierra||0||0||0||2.0|
|Akachi escenario independiente||0||0||0||1.0|
|Akachi sobrevive a los confines de la tierra||0||0||0||3.0|
|Akachi - ¡un paaaalooo!||0||0||0||1.0|
Valentin1331 · 15258
Mastering the 5 elements, with her Staff in one hand and a Fire Blade in the other, Akachi bursts open her enemies.
"Did I not counsel you, lord, to forbid her staff?"
Please press the ♥ if you like the Deck, even if you don't plan on playing it just to give it some visibility for new players :)
Credit: Fantasy Flight Games
If you haven't tasted the power of yet, or find that they lack diversity, Akachi is the One(yele) you were waiting for. She is simple, straightforward and strong. Her card pool offers access to interesting cards and the introduction of the Synergy trait adds a layer of fun to this Deck.
Find the other Carcosa Beginner Decks:
• Mythos Busting Mark
• Sefine-Art Black Magic Painter
• Yorick Gold Digger
• I decided not to propose a Deck for Lola Hayes on purpose as even with the help of the community, we couldn't find any Deck that made us feel like you wouldn't regret playing any other investigator instead. If she piqued your curiosity, keep her in a corner of your mind until you have a bit more cards.
Table of Contents:
• Main Strategy
• The 3 Different Spell Routes
• Every Mage has a Staff
• Speaking to the Spirits
• Other Cards
• Upgrade Path
• Make your own Deck!
• Use your high and additional Charges from your passive to get the best out of your Spells.
• Use the Dragon Pole for an extra Spell slot as well as a backup weapon for lower fight enemies and for conserving charges.
• Use your Signature Spirit-Speaker to refill your empty Spells.
The 3 Different Spell Routes:
"Fly, if you value your foul skin! I will shrivel you from tail to snout, if you come within this ring."
The 5 Elements Archmage:
This Deck masters all 5 elements: .
•• With these 2 cards, The Green Red Clock and Prophetic, you have the 5 elements available for Close the Circle that comes in play with 6 additional actions and Call for Backup to heal your teammates, and gain tempo over the Mythos.
•• You can use the charge on Close the Circle during any player window, which includes evading a Hunter enemy just after it moves to your location and engages you. Also, remember that you do not need to use your during this action, you can simply move. This additional action is subject to Attacks of Opportunity though.
•• We prefer the Brand of Cthugha (4) as it still boosts your synergy cards even if Prophetic is buried deep, it is cheaper to reload with Spirit-Speaker and less damaging to lose charges because of Angered Spirits. To balance out the negative aspect, Dragon Pole can take care of the first actions, especially thanks to the boost of The Red Clock for your first Test, and then use Brand of Cthugha (4) for the finish.
•• Thanks to your built-in Reload Engine, this Deck is extremely versatile and will make both and jealous because you'll be better at their job than them combined.
The full offensive Battlemage:
•• Both Shrivelling (5) and the Brand of Cthugha (4) can deal 3 damages reliably. It is good to alternate their uses to decrease the risk: prefer the Brand at the end of your turn and Shrivelling if you still have good sanity. To save Charges and finish off enemies with 2hp, you always have your Dragon Pole and 1 damage can always be done with Close the Circle.
•• This leads you to anywhere between 7 and 10 damage per turn.
The Divination Master:
Every Mage has a Staff:
The Dragon Pole can be put to good use in Akachi Onyele not only for the extra Arcane Slot, but since she has 3 base she can fight up to 6 with 3 spells on the table. On top of this, we also have multiple ways to bring this score much higher:
• The Red Clock can bring you +3 to your first attack if you time it correctly. Unfortunately, the lvl 2 is a bit clunky, forcing you to first collect the resources and only the turn after you can get the +3 .
•• Note that this +3 is not bound to time, so it stays until you pass a test and even stacks if you happen to do the first thick twice without any test in between.
• Torrent of Power can be used to boost any Spell as well as your Mage Staff. The potential targets are Alchemical Transmutation, Brand of Cthugha (better to use one of its charges to deal 2 damage), Close the Circle or even the The Red Clock to bring it back to 0 and benefit from +3 at the beginning of the next turn or bring it back to 2 to get another additional action next turn!
• Blood Pact that you can use either if you have Moonlight Ritual in your hand and more than 4 Doom to go or during the last Round of the Agenda for +3 at each test you perform (could be 4 fight actions if you timed the The Red Clock correctly).
Speaking to the Spirits:
• Use it to recharge any of your Spells using 1 action and its cost. The cost is absorbed by Prophetic, Uncage the Soul or your resources and the action is fine since Spells come with a great built-in action acceleration. Emptied your Brand of Cthugha (4)? How about reloading it completely for 2 resources and 1 action? This is such an increase to the value of your high XP Spells.
• Join the Dark Side of the Force and make $$$. You are unlikely to use this ability of your Signature, but it can save your soul for instance by using the last charges of any Spell to pay for Storm of Spirits. Once you have Spirit-Speaker, Alchemical Transmutation turns into an Emergency Cache that commits for a if you don't need it. Brand of Cthugha (4) brings you 10 resources for a starting cost of 2, so 8 net profit. Sorry Hot Streak but you're not #1 anymore.
Level 0 Cards:
• Arcane Initiate that you can play either before the Agenda advances or that you clean with Moonlight Ritual (which is a Spell so it can be found by the Initiate) helps you to tutor your most important cards.
• Delve Too Deep, because everyone loves XP, so if you can bring more to your party, why wouldn't you. Plus you are naturally talented at dealing with the Encounter Deck.
Level 1-5 Cards:
• Close the Circle is a powerhouse in this Deck to pass any Scenario Tests like Parleys, Tests on locations, treachery cards, anything. For 1 Action to play it, you gain 5 net actions out of it. And what's best? You can refill it at will.
• Prophetic is obvious in this Deck: either pay for the Spells directly or boost your hard test. Why would you lose 2 actions with Brand of Cthugha (4) if you could instead boost yourself up high enough to not take any risk?
• The Red Clock (2) is fun and brings a bit of variety to the often linear Mystic gameplay, introducing a chess-like feeling to the game. You now have to think ahead, when will I need resources, a bonus on my Dragon Pole or , will there be a time when I will need to move across the map, how about an extra action to refill an empty Spell? No matter what you get, it's always welcome.
For this upgrade path, I will focus on the Synergy build that is to me the most optimised one:
•• More combat Spells, and more charges to spend for other uses.
•• Pay for your Spells and get a welcome boost for them.
•• Offers a nice boost especially for your Dragon Pole when you have 1 charge and some resources, as well as a Asset.
•• Cheaper, more flexible Spell that offers a little boost and a Asset.
•• By this time, you have Assets from every class, guaranteeing you an amazing use of Close the Circle, especially for Scenario Tests.
•• Since you now have the 5 elements represented in your Deck, this card can really bring wicked value to your team.
•• Fight bigger enemies faster, with a greater boost and more charges.
• Blood Pact x1 - 3xp - Total 32xp
Now that enemies tend to be beefier, the test really helps the Dragon Pole.
•• More clues for the same price. Always good to gain tempo over the Mythos.
• Charisma x1 - 3xp - Total 41xp
•• Now that you purchased your expensive Spells, 2 Arcane Initiate are ideal to find them as quick as possible.
Credit: Fantasy Flight Games
Make your own Deck!:
• I know that Akachi Onyele's passive brings more value to Shrivelling and Rite of Seeking since you get more value out of their Charges. I decided to go this way to mitigate the negative impact of Angered Spirits, to leverage the Synergy allowed by the Deck, and simply because it already performs above expectations like this. You are free to try to upgrade the Deck using Shrivelling (5) and Divination (4) for roughly similar results or even choose Rite of Seeking (4).
If you are playing this Deck with the others of the series and only 1 collection, here is a proposed way to distribute the overlapping cards for each investigator:
• If you do not mind proxying a few cards, the ones that could definitely bring added value to this Deck are: